This post is to announce the release of Mudballs, a collection of Common Lisp code for managing systems. It is currently in an early stage of development and still has a long way to go but is currently able to compile, load, document, download and install systems across Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. Mudballs supports the following implementations
- Lispworks on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows.
- SBCL on Mac OSX and Linux.
- CMUCL on Mac OSX and Linux.
- CLISP on Linux and Windows (Mac OSX as well provided you have FFI).
- ClozureCL/OpenMCL on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows.
- AllegroCL on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows.
As it currently stands it is not ASDF compatible (not ideal, I know) but ASDF support is planned for the future. It is available from http://mudballs.com which contains enough information to get the intrepid lisper on his or her way.
As a small taste, the following is now possible from a freshly installed Lisp with Mudballs loaded.
> (mb:install :hunchentoot)
> (hunchentoot:start-server :port 8080)
P.S. Prizes for anyone that can come up with a logo which doesn't look like a pile of excrement.